Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08 Wednesday: Pre-Swim Photos

This is Deni and I (before my swim) copying George and Suzanne's photo from before George and Suzanne left for their swim.











Deni, Jaime...this was the dress rehearsal with the costume! Yes, everyone does a dress rehearsal :)












LOL!!! This was my beached whale impression I did every day at the end of my swim for my crew. I followed it up by practicing CRAWLING out of the water. My goal was to CRAWL instead of standing when I arrived in France so I wouldn't pass out before clearing the water!!








Poor Jaime is freezing her butt off while I swim. It's definitely no ride in the park to be crew for a Channel swimmer. A ton of sacrifice and freezing!!!










George, Bill, Audrey, Deni, Jaime, Suzanne, Mom and Tobey. The Motley Crew celebrating at the White Horse. You can see all the successful Solo and Relay signatures on the walls around us. So cool!

We miss you Bill and Audrey!!!







George signing the White Horse!!! Congrats George!! How cool.


I'm hoping someday to make it back and get to sign the White Horse. Unfortunately we only had 4 hours to head to the airport after the swim and the White Horse was closed.












We decided to go into London for a day. We need to do something other than WAIT!!!

YES THEY DID!!! The girls were so excited to take this photo!!!














We all came down to say goodbye and good luck.













George and Suzanne as they leave to go swim across the English Channel!














Tobey, Alison Streeter (Queen of the English Channel...swam 43 times) and George.












Suzanne, Deni and George chatting it up before we swim.












Dover Harbour...this is where we trained every morning.















Conditions on the first day I was there. I thought this was bad?? Hahahahaha....












Meeting Freda Streeter (the Channel General) on my first morning.













Tobey, George and Liz in front of the Victoria House.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Tobey,

This is Jim Byrne from the Rye Record. This blog address was passed along to me, and I was hoping you'd give me a call at the office tomorrow to talk about this achievement. I write sports for the paper, and this seems as if it would be a natural fit.

You can find the number at RyeRecord.com

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the note. I'll call you today.

Thanks,
Tobey