Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8/13/08 Wednesday: 3 Days Out!!!

Ok, so I skipped yesterday. Not much to say other than...WOOOHOOO!!! Great 1-hour workout last night. Felt really good in the water and my times are starting to drop a bit. Luckily my body needs a longer rather than shorter taper to perform at its best.

I am so excited I just can't wait. I just talked to one of my training buddies, George Hunihan, who is over there awaiting his solo attempt. This first wave has almost been completely blown out. Only three people took the chance at the beginning of the wave (one being Dori Miller from Boston) and Dori was the only person to make it (yeah Dori!!!).

Both George and Liz have been waiting for their chance and just haven't had the right conditions. Selfishly, I am SO EXCITED because George just told me he and his wife Suzanne are planning on pushing the trip back and staying through the beginning of next week. I am so excited they will be there when Deni and I arrive...it's just so nice to have some familiar faces in a place where you are doing something so foreign. I'm not sure if Liz and her crew are staying but I hope to get to see them over there as well.

No comments: