Thursday, August 21, 2008

8/21/08 Thursday: SWIM GEORGE SWIM!!!

So after 20 days of waiting George is FINALLY getting his opportunity to swim. He is leaving in an hour and a half to make his way to Dover Harbour for his swim. We are all so excited for him. We grabbed a huge pasta dinner and he is ready! So exciting...GO GEORGE GO!!!

As for me, not sure when I will get to swim, but Deb Cashin will be heading out with my boat captain tonight. I have a french man in front of me then it will be my turn. Not sure when but I am hurrying up and waiting!

We have met some of the most amazing people. It's almost like our own little Open Water Olympics! I have met swimmers from India, Japan, Australia and the UK. It is just so amazing! We've fell in love with a Japanese swimmer (her name is Ki-Ko-Ku) yet none of us can even communicate. We see them every day and tend to do more laughing than anything else. So cool! We met up with Dori this morning. Dori swam last week and made it in 10 hours and 16 minutes. She had a great swim. Then down at the water we ran into Deb Cashin (1st person to swim with my boat captain once the wave opens..tonight). It was so good to see Deb. She was so excited and was so glad she gets to go as soon as she landed. I'm so happy for her!!! When we got out of the water I had the opportunity to meet Ali Streeter from the UK. She has swam across the English Channel 42 times and is known as the Queen of the Channel. She is really cool and has a great personality. It was so wonderful to meet her.

Hours and days are clicking away. I'm hanging in there and not really all that nervous yet. It will hit me 10 strokes into it!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Never a dull moment with you T! That driving story is hilarious!
I'm so excited for you ... go T go! I'll be thinking about you this weekend & know you're going to kick some serious butt out of the Channel. Heading to Zones tomorrow (Sat) & will log in immediately when I get home Sun to see if you're off.
Relax, kick butt & have fun! C-nut

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great for getting up to speedo on your endeavor Tobey! Keep your spirits up and I bet you'll be diving in on Sunday as you had hoped! Good luck, stay long and streamlined and most of all, have fun and enjoy it! Tyler and I are very motivated by your ambition and can't wait to see you upon your return. Cheers!

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

Hey C,

Things are going well. Waiting to hear when I'm swimming. Changes daily and seems to be just out of reach. Good luck at Zones this weekend!
T

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

Hi Scott and Tyler,

I hope you guys are doing well. It's quite a cool gig out here. scott the winds are PERFECT for some serious Kite Surfing...you would LOVE it! Thanks for the note guys, hoping to get out soon.

Tobey