Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8/27/08 Wednesday: Where da HOE at??? (Samphire Hoe)

George...I HAD TO!!!! LOL!!!

Ok everyone, it's confirmed, we are dropping into the water at 8:30am BST (3:30am EST) Thursday morning. Winds are looking decent (between 6-9 knots) and it looks like they will spike at the end of the swim right against my back. Air temp will be around 70 degrees and the water will be around 63 degrees (3/4 degrees warmer as we get to France).

The reference in the title refers to the location (Samphire Hoe) where I most likely will be dropped tomorrow morning to start the swim.

Very excited! Will update the blog when we get back. Pray to the Channel gods that the weather stays good for me!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Tobey Go!!!

Allan McLeland said...

That's awesome Tobey. I know you will do great. Can't wait to hear that you have landed. I will be watching on the AIS. Go Tobey!

Anonymous said...

she just did it... 13.33 unofficial !!!

suzie dods in SF

Jennifer Evers said...

Aunt Toto, you are such a Rock Star!
Love, Maggie (Todd, Jen & Baby too)