Tuesday, August 26, 2008

8/26/08 Tuesday: Hurry up and wait!!!

Well not much to report today.

We went for a swim this morning and met up with the Father/Daughter duo from Oahu that will be swimming solos at the same time. They both have different boat captains and will start from the same beach, at the same time and swim across on their own. Really cool!

Tomorrow we are planning on having a wine and cheese party with Bill and Audrey (owners of the Victoria House). We went and picked up baguettes, cheese and wine to bring. We're all really excited to hear all of their stories. They are truly great people that are so caring. Very rare finds!

I talked to my boat captain tonight and he is starting to get fed up with Team Aussie! They called, yet again, and tried to get him to agree to take them out before me. Reg wouldn't budge. So Team Aussie decided to try and take another approach and told Reg that their Coach said they will swim in the rough conditions (12 knots). Reg started to laugh and said, "If the waters were swimable, the girl would be going out." (meaning me) I really understand their position because I am in the exact same place. It's awful but there is not much that can be done.

Wednesday has blown out but Thursday, Friday and Saturday are looking possible. Keeping the positive frame of mind and hoping it all works out for the best. Please say prayers to the Channel Gods for the winds to calm down for a safe crossing!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are next in line to swim! I have a good feeling that you will be swimming across the channel soon! Good luck and smooth swimming!

Emily Hines

Anonymous said...

Now I am laughing... how , uh Ballsy , is the word I can think of.. for the Aussies.
Good for Reg..
I am thinking good thoughts. I am so excited for you. I love your enthusiasm.
Suzie D

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

Hi Emily,

Thakns for the note. Things are looking good for Thursday...a DAY swim. I may have to do a night landing but I think all will be good. Very excited! Thanks for the note.

Tobey

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

SUZIE!!!

THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!! It's looking very good. Confirmation at 7pm tonight. Can't wait to just get in AND SWIM!!! Woohooo!

T

Sarah said...

Kick the channels but...and the aussie's too!

Unknown said...

Tobey!! Good luck -- you tell 'em no cutting the q. Sarah Humphreys sent me the link... to your page. praying to the channel gods for calm weather for you...

Lauren Davies

Anonymous said...

Chin up Tobey! Hope you get in on Thursday and kick the channels butt!

Cheers,

Scott & Tyler

Tobey-Anne Saracino said...

Thanks Guys!!! Times up, we're heading out tomorrow! Can't wait!