Saturday, August 30, 2008

8/29/08 Friday: Team Tobey vs The Channel...

Team Tobey in the tenth round takes the win!!

BUT the Channel put up a damn good fight! We battled Force 3 (first half) and Force 4 (second half of the swim) conditions with 15-20 knot winds, 10-12 foot waves and 60 degree water. I have absolutely no idea how the hell I finished that. Time: 13:33 (unofficial time).No way could I have finished that without my EXCELLENT crew (Mom, Jaime and Deni)!!! They had 10 foot waves coming up over the opposite side of a 52-ton fishing boat and hitting them in the back through the second half of the swim all the while not giving me any indication of discomfort or panic (which they were)...serious dedication!!!

My boat captains Reg Brickell and Ray Brickell were PHENOMENAL and our observer Mike Phillips was OUTSTANDING. They all kept me safe and swimming...that's all I could ask for.

I hurt bad!!!! Don't even bother asking if I liked France! All I saw was a bit of a white cliff through a flashlight (we swam for about 3 hours at dark and landed in dark...that was the very best part of the swim.) I did grab the biggest rock I could find though!

I'll update the blog on Saturday but just wanted to make sure you all knew we were back safe and ready to come home (in 4 hours)!!!!

Thank you all for your support!!!

No comments: